Monday 23 May 2011

Doing the maths

After dinner, preparing my lunch food for work and what to wear tomorrow I then spent about an hour cutting and sewing for another dress. As usual no bias tape or elastic and I wasnt too keen on creating my own bias tape this time so I stopped sewing  I dont think I will be able to buy these 2 items until the weekend. This is what I ended up with my attempt to make another dress and I think I would end up with semi-complete dresses like this until I get the chance to buy bias tapes and elastics.


Then I did some calculations. If I were to spend at least an hour everyday after work making a dress, in a week I could probably make about 5 or 6 dresses. Let's just say 6 dresses a week (perhaps more if I have nothing else to do on a weekend)  that would mean in a month I could make about 24 dresses multiply that by 12 months and that is 288 dresses in one year or maybe 300 max. That means I could put a smile to at least 300 girls around the world for giving each of these 300 girls a dress or making each one of them own at least one dress. And if I can convince at least a 100 people to join in on this campaign can you imagine how many dresses we can make in a year? 28,800 dresses (if my calculations are correct)

If I can do it, am sure everyone else can do it. Am glad that I found this endeavour and can use my creativity and a hobby to make little girls happy. I never thought I could make a dress or end up making a dress in my spare time...and now am counting...3 dresses....

No comments:

Post a Comment