Sunday 4 September 2011

September activities - Dress A Girl Australia

Me and my sewing machine Sewing Marathon 1 is about to end and by Wednesday, 7th of Sept I will have 30 more dresses to add to Dress A Girl Australia dresses. 30 more little girls around the world will own at least one dress. Watch out for more Sewing Marathons.

Two weeks ago I wanted to hold a sew-along but due to a busy schedule it did not materialize. I was not able to prepare and organize what was needed for the Sew-Along. So this month or before September ends, I hope to be able to fulfill this promise of a sew-along for anyone who wants to join.

Also scheduled for this month is distribution of dresses. This will happen towards the end of the month. I cannot tell you where 100 dresses will be distributed but it will happen. Most of the dresses that will be given away are now labelled and will soon be packed. Am very excited and looking forward to the distribution. Once this is done, Dress A Girl Australia's focus in the months ahead will be to collect more dresses for Christmas. The magic number for Christmas is 125 dresses.

Dress A Girl Australia welcomes anyone who wants to join in this campaign. Unfortunately, because I work full time during the day Monday to Friday, it is not that easy for me to hold sewing events thus my focus is on sew-alongs. Anyone is fully welcome to gather their friends and families to hold sewing events anywhere you are located. Dress A Girl Around the World flyer is available for anyone who wants to print and distribute to help spread the word. Click here for the Dress A Girl flyer.

For more details on this campaign, please feel free to send an email to dressagirlaustralia@gmail.com. I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment