Saturday 12 November 2011

This is why I love handmades


A bit late in blogging about my sewing marathon 2 project but I have actually started making pillowcase dresses for a couple of days now. These are the first 5 dresses I have sewn so far (45 to go) and this is why I love handmades. I can be very creative and use my imagination to the best I can. They may look the same but each dress is unique and I believe that is what handmade is all about. No two items can be the same. The concept, yes they may be the same but not the actual result. (And note I seem to like the idea of making my images float.)
The idea of putting a pocket across the width of the dress is now starting to become a trademark design for Dress A Girl Australia and am loving the idea.

Come visit Dress A Girl Australia regularly for the next two weeks and keep track of where I am in my 'Me and my Sewing Machine marathon project #2 for the children of Uganda. Here is the link to the album where all pillowcases dresses made so far will be saved.
                          Pillowcase Dresses for the children of Uganda
A link is also available on the left side navigation bar under Dresses for Uganda.

If you feel like joining me on this sewing marathon or want to contribute to this campaign of making dresses around the world for the less fortunate , feel free to send an email to dressagirlaustralia@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment