Saturday 10 December 2011

Donation Acknowledgements

It is time to acknowledge and appreciate donations to Dress A Girl Australia from special people who believe and support this campaign. Thank you to Joan Wolf of HeyBoom Shop for donating these packs of laces. Each pack contains about 7mtrs each of these beautiful 3 and 4 inch wide of laces which will be used to embellish pillowcase dresses for little girls around the world. And these laces are very expensive in the shops. Thank you.

From Penny Grey and Fabric Cutouts, these donations will go a long way with the number of dresses Dress A Girl Australia can make. 
Pillowcases from Penny Grey
Fabrics and linen sheets from Fabric Cutouts
Laces, spools of threads, elastics from Erlyn Ballesta Sanchez. I didnt realize how many it was until I actually took them out from a plastic bag and arranged the items to take a picture.

And a metre of lacy fabric which will make a great add-on to some of the plain pillowcases.

On my way to buy lunch two weeks ago, I happen to pass by a department store near my place of work who had a big 'Sale going on' banner posted on the front window and saw girls' tshirts of different sizes for a dollar each or 5 for $3.00. I thought they were a good buy and real value for money so I bought 10 of them which I would make into T-shirt dresses.

And 3 shops farther was a small thrift store and bought rolls of ribbons for a dollar each. A work colleague of mine actually saw me come out of the bargain shop and asked what I bought as the shop was a little bit rundown and a mixture of everything that if you want to buy something specific you had to find it.  Well, the rolls were still sealed in plastic but were kind of dusty but really a good buy. I always enjoy going inside thrift and dollar shops as you never know what to expect and can buy for a dollar or two. These kind of shops are always a big help especially when you want to spend on items as cheap as possible so you get to purchase more. 

And with all the purchases I did the past two weeks, Dress A Girl Australia's moneytin is about to go dry but will keep me busy in the coming months.

Again, my heartfelt thanks to the donors. These donated items will go a long way in Dress A Girl Australia's imagination of a world where every little girl owned at least one dress. Each item received is very much appreciated. 


No comments:

Post a Comment