Saturday 17 March 2012

T-shirts and Pillowcase Dresses for India

On my way home from work yesterday I was thinking if I was ask to provide about 40 dresses for the children in India in May where would I get dresses with sleeves. I think it is India's culture not to wear open-type of dresses on both women and children and we wouldnt want to violate that. I wrote to Rachel (Eggum Cinader) the Director of Hope 4 Women International and asked her how they address this issue as I am sure they send dresses to India and she replied that they usually take t-shirts and pillowcase dresses and that they can wear a t-shirt under the pillowcase dress. 

I knew that sometime in December of last year I bought some t-shirts at a really good bargain (like 5pcs for $3.00 from a shop that was about to close) and was pretty sure I still had some t-shirts donated by i-craft i-sew which we were planning to make into T-shirt dresses. And indeed I was right. I have 15 t-shirts on hand which I can use for India in addition to a number of t-shirt dresses from several donors. And I am very posiitive that between now and the month of May I will have enough time to raise more T-shirts and/or make more t-shirt dresses. Now all I have to do is get an idea as to what the ages of the children are so I can start matching these t-shirts with the right size of pillowcase dresses.

Here are samples of the likely dresses that will be given to the children in India if the group I am trying to convince and have an arrangement with to help distribute dresses in orphanages they sponsor in different locations around the world on behalf of Dress A Girl Australia is successful. They will be a combination of t-shirt dresses and pillowcase dresses with t-shirts underneath the pillowcase dress. 
Starting today I will be allocating pillowcase dresses, T-shirts and T-shirt dresses for the children in India not only for a possible distribution in May but also for all future distributions.

Here is the link to the album that will hold all dresses for the children in India.
                                     For the children of India

If you feel like T-shirt dresses are better options for you to donate to Dress A Girl Australia or just plain T-shirts to match with our pillowcase dresses from other donors, please send them to Dress A Girl Australia P.O. Box 240 Casula Mall Casula NSW 2170.

For more information, please send email to dressagirlaustralia@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment