Saturday 17 March 2012

Tutorials on how to make pillowcase dresses for Dress A Girl Australia

Every now and then I get emails from ladies requesting for a tutorial on how to make a pillowcase dress. They want to learn how to make one so they can help Dress A Girl Australia on its campaign to provide dresses to disadvantaged children around the world. The word must really be spreading as lately I have been receiving more of this request.

I wish I could provide my own tutorial and it is sad to say that the reason why I cannot do my own tutorial is because I  just dont have the time to do it. It is on my wishlist and has been on top of my wishlist since I started this campaign. A tutorial and/or a sew-along, they are all just in my head waiting to be actioned or probably already actioned but in my head only.  :-)

But the good news is that there are two very good tutorials on how to make a pillowcase dress which am providing for those who have asked for tutorials and for anyone who wants to learn how to make one. All you have to do is click on any of the images below or if the link does not work, copy and paste the link to your internet browser

Sewing Bee and Pillow Case Dress Tutorial by Bec Reddick from Perth

or copy and paste the URL below in your internet browser -
http://millyandmummy.blogspot.com.au/2011/12/sewing-bee-and-pillow-case-dress.html 


How to Make the best dress ever by Karen Mills-Thomas from Virginia USA

or copy and paste the URL below in your internet browser -

The above 2 tutorials will definitely teach anyone who wants to learn how to make pillowcase dresses. Have Fun!

For those who wants to know more about Dress A Girl Australia's pillowcase dresses and shorts for the boys back-to-back campaign to help disadvantaged children around the world, please send email to dressagirlaustralia@gmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links to the tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. I finally got the chance to post the links. Not only in my head. :-)

    ReplyDelete