Saturday 14 July 2012

A new collection for Myanmar Burma

Am starting a new collection of 13 dresses and 22 pairs of shorts for the children of the Hosanna Children's Home in Myanmar, Burma. This parcel will be handcarried by a mission team from Victoria in September. 

Since Burma is a very conservative country, I would have needed dresses with sleeves such as a t-shirt dress or a peasant dress and it did not take me that long to find a donor. My heartfelt thanks goes to Frances Cornish who generously offered to make the 13 dresses. She actually already had 6 dresses made and has happily agreed to make 7 more. Thank you Frances! Thank you for helping 13 girls in Myanmar Burma own one pretty dress each. Much appreciated.

Now as to the pairs of shorts, I will need to check my shorts inventory if I have anything that will meet the requirements for the 22 boys. If I can remember it right, I probably would have a few that is between the sizes of 3 to 8 but I dont believe I would have sizes between 10 to 16. (I think I need to start looking for a pattern for bigger sizes)

Thought I'd share with you what I would be needing for the pairs of shorts below in case there is anyone out there who would like to help make some and donate to Dress A Girl Australia-
             Between the sizes of 6 to 8 I would  need 6 pairs
             Between the sizes of 10 to 12 I would need 8 pairs
             and for sizes between 14 to 16 I would be needing 5 pairs.

I actually have lots of pre-cuts (and I mean lots of it!) for sizes between 6 to 8 since this is the size of the pattern I have so I think I will be making these sizes. It is only mid-July so I still have about 6 weeks to make them and am sure I will be able to find the time within these 6 weeks.

If you want to join me on this campaign of making dresses and pairs of shorts for the disadvantaged children around the world, what better way to start by sewing pairs of shorts for the children of Myanmar Burma. If this is the kind of volunteer work you want to do to make a difference in this world even with just one pair of shorts, please feel free to contact me at dressagirlaustralia@gmail.com. Would love to hear from anyone. Would love your help to spread the word around. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment