Monday 5 November 2012

My contribution to the Christmas Charity Drive

MBCCD #6 It is the last quarter of the year 2012 and here is my contribution to the Make-it or Break-it Christmas Charity Drive. We all know we made it. We have reached the goal of 1500 dresses but we dont stop at 1500. We keep on going. 

Every quarter with all the coins I saved at work I try to find fabrics on sale and buy them with the coins. I may not be able to make them into dresses immediately but I know that anytime I want to sew a dress that will have my name on it as the donor I have the materials needed. 

So for this quarter for $18.50 (I must have drunk a lot of cans of coke as this is all I had in my bucket) and 100% cotton fabrics (yes, am a very good bargain hunter) I was able to buy these bundles and I think I have between 18 to 20 metres on these bundles. And they all have a width of 100 or 120cms. That is a lot of dresses to make. :-)
Well, if I want every little girl in the world to own a pretty dress then these bundles are not enough. Here's looking forward to another bargain hunting next quarter ....next year 2013. Not so sure if I would be able to save that many coins as between now and the end of the year there will be a lot of activities happening to celebrate the Christmas season and a lot of spending but we will never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment