Sunday 4 November 2012

Special thank you to a good friend

I wanted to do this article for a while now to show my appreciation to a work colleague of mine (Joan Lui) but I keep on forgetting it. Not everyone may know why but lately I have been making a lot of lavender packs to sell so I can raise money and allow me to send more parcels than I currently am able to do. The lavender that I put inside some of the packs actually comes from Joan's garden. When she knew I was making them, she offered and gave me two big plastic bags so I do not have to buy. 

Here are some of the packs I have made. I sell them at $5.00 per pack and weighs about 40-50gms each and at a special price of $12.00 for 3 packs. I have bundles and bundles of Christmas fabrics I have collected over the years and I thought it was time to use some of them especially those ones whose prints are big enough to use as cover. Some are covered with vintage christmas card images printed on fabric which I bought from a handmade market I went to in one of my holiday trips. (This lady's hobby was printing on fabrics and was selling them in bundles). For some packs just regular cotton fabrics and embellished with wooden beads. I was able to send one more parcel last week from the sale of these packs -
And I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to Joan for making it possible. Thank you Joan, thank you for your random act of kindness and generosity. It is much appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment