Thursday 20 December 2012

Dress A Girl Australia Update

After the weekend market and a couple of days rest, am back and fully recharged and energized to catch up where I left off. Must have been almost two weeks ago since the last time I did updates for Dress A Girl Australia although I have been diligently going to the post office to pick up parcels.

Anyway, I have received 180 dresses and 36 pairs of shorts for the 'Make-it' or 'Break-it' Christmas charity drive for the less fortunate children around the world. I have taken about 47 pictures so far so that means 47 dresses and have about a 100 more to line up on my floor. In total, as of today, Dress A Girl Australia has received 1526 dresses, 26 more than the goal of 1500 I have set on the 1st of March 2012. This total does not include what I havent posted in the blog yet. I have also received 307 pairs of shorts, a bit short from the goal of 500. Not to worry as we still have almost 12 days before the end of the year and I still have a lot of catching up to do in my personal objective. I will make sure I cover up the missing numbers before I start my 2013 drive.

Also as of today, I have distributed 894 dresses and 156 pairs of shorts. Have sent out 5 parcels in the last 3 weeks and have 2 more parcels ready to be sent. 

By the end of the year, I should be able to provide the final numbers. So now everyone knows why I have been quiet in the blog front. Been keeping myself very busy the past few weeks taking advantage of the Christmas season, making lots and lots of handmade items to sell to raise money for the 7 parcels. The task was not only for 50 dollars but for hundreds of dollars in order to make a world of every little girl owning at least one dress more of a reality rather than just imaginary. Unfortunately I cannot make everyone happy, all the donors happy as there are places and/or locations where I am sending the dresses to where pictures are not possible, where sharing of pictures is not allowed due to privacy or legal reasons or people who do the distribution on Dress A Girl Australia's behalf just dont have the cameras to use to take pictures. Rest be assured that all dresses are being distributed to the children in need. Post office dockets and acknowledgement emails that parcels have been received are available in the Dress Distribution page for everyone to see.

In the next few days I will be completing the task of donation acknowledgements and details on the dress distributions. I would also be sharing with everyone what is in store for Dress A Girl Australia in 2013 and I look forward to more people joining in this campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment