Wednesday 2 January 2013

Dress Distribution - Home Sweet Orphanage in Masaka Uganda

These are pictures of the dress distribution made by Robert Luwalira in his Home Sweet Orphanage in Masaka Uganda during a small new year's party for the children. In early December, Robert wrote and asked if I would be willing to sponsor a small party for the children when they received their gifts from Dress A Girl Australia and  Sarah Gibson who sent dollies and other gift items. I was'nt really sure if I would be able to sponsor the party especially that I was trying to raise more funds to send more parcels overseas. When I was at the Dreamers Markets I decided that if I sell one clothbook I would donate the proceeds to the party. I guess it was my lucky day as I sold almost all the clothbooks I made. Also, on the same day that I made the decision I received a letter from Betty Barrett who wanted to purchase a pack of the vintage Christmas cards and the proceeds of which I included in the small donation.

Here are some pictures sent to me by Robert -



and the dresses he received for the orphans.

And here is the email from Robert -
Am sure the children had a good time. I wanted them to celebrate the thought that there are people in this world who looks after them. Thank you so much to Betty Barrett for helping me in making the celebration for the children possible. Thank you Betty.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful thing to do for the children! You are amazing and so generous! The children look like they are having a fabulous time and look great in their dresses.

    ReplyDelete