Sunday 5 May 2013

Gifts from the Two Bettys

Usually it is me giving away dresses as gifts to the children around the world but when I met up with the two Bettys (Betty Paull and Betty Barrett) last month, little did I know that inside one of the two bags they handed over was a small package for me. Inside the parcel was an iron board cover and a small teddy bear. The teddy bear according to Betty Barrett was a gift, a thank you gift from all the children of the world to me with love. And the teddy bear is now sitting happily in my favourite spot with the rest of my favourite friends. :-)
The iron board cover was a bit of a surprise but placed a big smile on my face. I  am not really sure how Betty Barrett knew that I needed an iron board cover. Late last year I bought a fabric so I could make a new one for my iron board but never found the time to do it. I thought I really needed a new cover so decided to just drop my plan of sewing one and just buy a ready-made from the department store. The thing is I could not find the time too to go to a shop. The first time I went to a shop I saw one for sale but I didnt like the print and thought wasnt the right size. Now I do not need to make or buy as I was given a new cover by the two Bettys.
Betty and Betty, thank you so much for the gifts. Thank you for your thoughtfulness. Now that I have a new iron board cover, the fabric that I bought late last year which I dont need anymore will be made into pairs of shorts for the less fortunate boys around the world. Thank you. Much, much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment