Saturday 23 November 2013

A little bit of this...a little bit of that...Updates for the week 23-Nov-2013

I know how communication as a tool is very important in perhaps everything that we do. It can either make you or break you. Sometimes I do postings directly in Dress A Girl Australia's facebook page with the intention of posting it here in my blog as well.....if I can remember to do it which I think I should so everyone would know. :-)
Anyway, here is a summary of the FB postings I did this week to keep you updated - 

23-Nov-2013 -
             #1 - Dec 3, Tuesday has been designated as 'Giving Day' in the US, Canada and 
                other parts of the world. I would like to think that we here in Australia can also
                make this day as a 'Giving Day' and make this an opportunity to give back 
                something to the world...help make a difference to lots of disadvantaged 
                people. A good day to start the giving season of Christmas. So how about we 
                all start to think on what to do and what to give on Tuesday.

          #2 - Delivery services to Tacloban Philippines from Australia have not been 
                restored yet so I cant send my parcels. Deliveries are only up to Manila which
                will not do any good since the parcels need to end up in Tacloban. I will wait 
                until things get back to normal a little bit and my contact hopefully settled back
                to normal routines then I send the parcels and hopefully before Christmas. And
                I also plan to make a collection from work (some have offered to help) which I
                can use or ask my contact to buy some food and distribute to families on 
                Christmas day. Fingers crossed.

22-Nov-2013 -
          Thinking that I might exceed the 45 kilos for my South Africa parcel, I decided to             request for another concession authority form last Tuesday and I received the form           today.

21-Nov-2013
          #1 - For those who are making Christmas bags, please make sure I get to receive
                them by the last week of Nov or first week of Dec max to give me ample time 
                to sort and pack. Thank you

          #2 - We can do it !! We can make it happen !!
                 If you want to help build a well in Kiriga Uganda and give hope through clean                    water, please click  on the link below -

            #3 - Due to the number of undies I am getting and have sorted them by sizes to                       help quicken the packing of a dress with an undie, am no longer able to                           identify which undies have been donated by whom. For everyone's info.                           Thanks!

20-Nov-2013 -
           Good Morning everyone! In reply to the emails i have been getting lately, want to
           reiterate that there is no need to rush sewing dresses and sending them over to
           me. I have an ample supply of both dresses and shorts and what is needed for the
           rest of the year is fully allocated. Nothing to do with the cost of sending as i have 
           already budgeted for these parcels but i do still have quite a supply. Besides, it is 
           difficult to send over the Christmas period. I will start scheduling again
           distributions in April of next year so please hold on to your donations until next
           year to avoid inconveniences at the post office. No new donations received
           (excluding the christmas bags and toys) will also allow me to clean my spare room
           that i have been using for the dresses. Thank you.

19-Nov-2013 -
          yes never give up even when am running low on funds -

          "If we are demoralized, sad and only complain, we’ll not solve our problems. If we
           only pray for a solution, we’ll not solve our problems. We need to face them, to
           deal with them without violence, but with confidence - and never give up. If you
           adopt a non-violent approach, but are also hesitant within, you’ll not succeed. You
           have to have confidence and keep up your efforts - in other words, never give up.
                                                          ~ Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment