Tuesday 22 April 2014

A matching set for 2 bound for Eastern Samar

Well, you did read about my being a t-shirt hoarder. In early April I received 2 skirt donations. I was thinking of allocating the 2 skirts for a parcel I am filling up for the Eastern Samar community in the Philippines but was not really happy with the idea of just sending the skirts. The clothing in the parcels are going to be distributed to the children victims of the Typhoon Haiyan that hit the community last year and the last thing I wanted was for them to spend to buy matching shirts so they could wear the skirts so it was either I hold on to the skirts and wait for a future allocation someplace else or find matching t-shirts. I was not sure if I still had some small t-shirts left as I know most of the small ones I have already given away. Luckily I found 2 but with long-sleeves - so here they are - the last from my t-shirt hoard collection
 and now I am happy again to include the skirts in the parcel allocation -
for 2 lucky little girl recipients in the community of Eastern Samar Philippines. And I think this is what makes Dress A Girl Australia different from others. I always think and care about the things I give, the items that I put in a parcel and also think and care of the kids who will become the owners of the things I give away making sure that they are able to wear and enjoy wearing their new dresses for as long as they can....time, money and effort very well spent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment