Sunday 24 August 2014

Size preferences for Dresses and info

A lot of people are asking about dress sizes and size preferences are for girls between the ages of 8 to 12 as these can be given even to kids between the ages of 6 to 10. I have about 100 dresses between the sizes of 0 to 4 which I find difficult to distribute because these ages are difficult to access. Volunteers need to go to the houses of these kids and sometimes the locations are not that safe. For donors, once they send their donated dresses, they think that their job is done but for me the job has just began. People dont realize that I also think about the welfare of the people who go out to distribute dresses and their safety. 

A lot of people donate small sizes. I can understand this because perhaps it is expensive to donate larger sizes but if you can donate 10 dresses maybe you can just make 6 out of the fabrics not 10 so you can give more to the length. Really if you think about it girls that really need dresses are between the sizes of 7 to 12. Girls you see in some of the pictures are between the ages of 7 to 10 wearing dresses sized 5 and 6 because this is what I receive which needs to be distributed. I am happy that they get to wear new dresses but not really that happy because I know they wont be wearing it for a long time because of their lengths (these kids are growing not sideways maybe but taller) and keep wishing that if only I could add more to the length they will be walking, hopping and jumping around wearing the dress much longer. So if any of you feel the same way that I do, please be more generous with the lengths of your dresses so they can be outgrown by the kids who get to own them.Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment