Saturday 11 October 2014

Last night's sewing - 10-Oct-2014

I always take pride in accomplishing what I have committed myself to do that even if my eyes and hands are quite tired I have to keep on going. And I cannot go beyond the time I have allocated to the task as once I missed the rest of what has been scheduled misses as well like a domino effect. Sometimes it is difficult to catch up.

My aim for doing a sewing marathon for the next 3 months is so I can compensate the lack of dresses to distribute with my sewing. And the lack of dresses is due to the fact that there is a shortage of funds to pay for the cost of sending dresses I have to restrict the number of dresses to receive, accept a number that can be funded. And thank you so much to a handful of people who have been very kind and generous.  But me being me, I just cannot sit down and wait for more things to happen.So here are three more dresses from last night's sewing to add to my first parcel for Christmas at the end of this month - all materials (fabric and t-shirt) from my personal collection.
As of last night, I have sewn 26 dresses and 3 pairs of shorts for boys. The boys' shorts is not that important really. I only do it if I happen to find a fabric suitable for shorts. 

On average, a parcel normally can accommodate 65 dresses. With my 26 completed, I think I need to sew 39 more between now and end of October to reach 65 and I think with 21 days to go and if I can keep up with the pace of 3 dresses a day, the goal is achievable. So now.....am aiming for the stars. If I can dream it, I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment