Saturday 7 February 2015

Journals for the Angels for the Forgotten Organization

Still on my "summer" garage cleaning , I decided to donate more than a dozen of fabric-covered journals and a few travel journals to the Angels for the Forgotten Organization who is in urgent need of these items for their mental health packs. I think they are better off with these kids who really need them instead of being in a box collecting dust. And I can free up the space the box occupies in my garage...although not that big a space.       feeling amused.inspired and happy.
These items I made at a time when I made sure that all my journals, books, notebooks, binders, diaries I used were covered with fabrics just to be able to sew. Even the log journal I used to log my kilometres was covered. I sold quite a few of them at that time but with the digital notebooks and pens now available I kind of stopped using them. Sometimes when a friend celebrates a birthday I would wrap one to give as a present. Well, last night I placed all of them in a box and sent them via Australia Post to the Angels for the Forgotten. 
I think I have more to send to them like inspirational cards but am running out of time as I need to finish my packing so will do it next time.

If you are looking for other ways to make a difference and sponsoring dresses are not your cup of tea, check out the Angels for the Forgotten website. They need quite a few items that may attract your eye.

1 comment: