Saturday 22 October 2011

Shorts for the Boys

Dress a Girl Australia is officially launching 'Shorts for the Boys' to distribute along with dresses for little girls and boys around the world. Although any shorts that I can make or can collect from supporters of the Dress A Girl around the world campaign between now and the end of December 2011 will be included for Christmas distribution, the official target date for Dress a Girl Australia's first distribution for the boys will be in 2012 - Easter distribution. A great way to celebrate Dress A Girl Australia's first year anniversary since becoming a  member of the Dress A Girl Around the World campaign of Hope 4 Women International on the 18th of Feb 2011. Dress A Girl Australia was officially launched on the 15th of March 2011.

Campaigning for 'Shorts for the Boys' was prompted by the experience I had when distributing dresses for the first time for Dress A Girl Australia. Watching the little boys just watching their small friends receiving dresses to wear and not a word of complain from any one of them on not receiving anything for themselves. I thought they also deserve to receive something. But for now, focus and priority will be on dresses to meet the goal I have set of 500 dresses for Christmas distribution. We are only 63 days away from Christmas Day.  

Am not really an expert on making dresses as I only started to learn how to make a dress when I started Dress A Girl Australia. Crafting is just a hobby I do whenever I find the time to spare but my desire to sew a dress so every little girl could own at least one dress from this part of the globe and inspire anyone who wanted to do the same made the Dress A Girl Around the world Dress A Girl Sydney and Australia campaign a success so I hope to do the same for 'shorts for the boys'. To everyone who believed and supported me in the dresses for the girls I do hope you will be able to provide the same belief and support for the 'shorts for the boys' campaign.

For more information on Dress A Girl Around the world and Shorts for the Boys, please email me at dressagirlaustralia@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment