Saturday 6 October 2012

1500 Goal Update

Perhaps a few more acknowledgments for the year FY12 and the next chapter of donation acknowledgements will be opened for the 'Make-it or Break-it" Christmas Charity Drive. I would probably say that any donations and/or contributions received after the 15th of October (which is about a week from now) will be categorized as donations received for the Christmas Charity Drive.  

I was planning to do two 30-day sewing marathons this year and still havent done it and based on my current schedule I do not think I would be able to do it. In late August, I ambitiously committed to try to do more sewing up to the end of the year with a goal of sewing at least 200 dresses and 50 pairs of shorts (numbers I committed early this year). This probably is not a very realistic commitment if I think of the number of weeks left for the year, handmade items I need to make and sell to take advantage of the Christmas season and including my work schedule but I always like to set tough goals for myself. As of today, here is where I stand in the 1500 dresses for the year 2012 and my personal sewing goal.

      Collect 1500 dresses and 500 pairs of shorts by the end of the year (31-Dec-2012)
                           Dresses Collected   1242   Dresses to Go   258
                           Shorts Collected      242   Shorts to Go     258

      Personal sewing goal of 200 dresses and 50 pairs of Shorts (31-Dec-2012)
                           Dresses Sewn        25       Dresses to Go   175
                           Shorts Sewn          12       Shorts to Go      38
*** We are about 86 days away from the end of the year.

It looks like it is still a long way to go...but am not one who easily gives up. When the going gets tough...the tough gets going they say....so I will see what I can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment