Tuesday 2 July 2013

Update on Parcels and more....

  • A reminder to everyone/anyone who wants to help distribute dresses or contemplating to distribute dresses on behalf of Dress A Girl Australia. One of the stories I was recently told by a coordinator in Nepal - They were distributing dresses to school kids and unfortunately there were 50 girls in the classroom and the donor only had 48. It broke their heart when the 2 girls cried because they didn't get any dress that is why she said that from then on they are now very careful when receiving donations to distribute. They would rather not distribute if they find out that not everyone would get one. They would like something where everyone can share and enjoy. I think that was just unfortunate but makes you think twice if and when someone starts crying. May not happen to older girls but not avoidable in the younger ones so please when sending dresses it is better to have more than to have less. I dont want to see this happen with Dress A Girl Australia.
  • Is there anyone who lives in Killara NSW or anywhere near Killara and willing to pick up fabrics being donated to make into dresses? I am unable to pick up these donations as I already have a previous engagement this weekend(and my car needs to be registered this weekend too) so if anyone would like fabric materials to use and lives around the area, please contact me at dressagirlaustralia@gmail.com or make a comment on this posting. The fabrics being donated is more than just a bundle and needs to be picked up soon. Thank you.
  • Thank you to Laura Jennings for generously donating fabrics from her late mother's estate to Frances Cornish. Thank you for your kindness and generosity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  • I received a notification tonight that the parcel of dresses, tshirts and undies I sent sometime end of March to Mbale Uganda has arrived. Looking at the images I thought I sent pairs of shorts but looks like I didnt but I did send t-shirts. Preparing my next parcel this time it would include shorts for the boys.
  • I will be sending 3 of the quilts i received to Romania so i would know how long it will take for a parcel to arrive. I know Uganda takes at least 10 weeks to get there. These 3 quilts will keep at least 3 children warm during winter.
  • If there are any fabric shops/owners out there who would like to donate any grey or black fabrics that can be made into pairs of shorts for 100 boys (as uniforms) between the sizes of 5 to 9 it would be much appreciated if you could please let me know or you can get in touch with me here or at dressagirlaustralia@gmail.com. Thanks a whole lot!
(P.S. Please consider carefully when making a donation as I cannot issue any tax deductible receipt. Thank you.)

On my way back to Sydney last week I was thinking of making 150 christmas bags for the children of a community( a new location) I found in the Philippines which would greatly benefit from the items that have been donated to Dress A Girl Australia and perhaps more if I can find the time to organize and do it. It is for a community of children who I believe will never be recipients of something that would make a difference to their lives unless you know where they are. Am pretty sure this kind of help and/or gifts will never reached them and I would like them to at least get a taste of what children in other locations feel when they get to receive something which they can call their own and what better time to give and for them to receive.... at Christmas time.

No comments:

Post a Comment