Thursday 11 December 2014

Project Sewing Marathon ended yesterday

I did say last October it will be for the next 3 months but I ended my Project 'Sewing Marathon' yesterday. I have decided to have an early break from distributions now that the Christmas distribution is fully allocated for and posted although I will probably be sewing casually between now and until early April when I open up for Dress A Girl activities again.

As of yesterday, between the period 1-Oct-2014 to 10-Dec-2014 and for 71 days I completed 159 dresses,and 31 pairs of shorts. These dresses included the 67 that were sponsored which I made in 7 days. I also contributed 20 t-shirts to match against the remaining 20 pairs of shorts I made. Not bad for someone who did not do any sewing until the last 3 months of the year. Here are the dresses and pairs of shorts I have made - hopefully they are all in this collage picture.
Now I can proudly say that it was not just sorting and packing that I did this year but I also finished 159 dresses and 31 pairs of shorts in 71 days and made a difference to the lives of 159 girls and 31 boys. To see larger images of the dresses and pairs of shorts, please click here.

I will soon be releasing the final numbers of dresses received and dresses distributed for the year 2014. I would like to say thank you to all the donors of some of the fabric materials I used to complete the project. Thank you. It is much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment